If you have ever wondered who would win a battle between your home telephone and a highway I can tell you the outcome. Let's just say that it wouldn't be much of a battle.
Last week I was talking on my home phone as Emily, Bryce's carpool, came to pick him up. I finished my conversation but still had the phone in my hand as I walked with Bryce out to the car. He needed help getting into the car with his scooter so I set the phone down on the running board on the car. Of course I forgot about the phone and Emily drove the kids to school and then on to work. About and hour later I went to make a phone call and couldn't find the phone. It was then that I remembered that I had left the phone on Emily's car. The phone was found in the middle of an intersection on the highway. I think it was run over a few times. All I could do is laugh wonder if that has ever happened to anyone else. I really doubt that very many people leave their home phone on a car and then drive off. Guess I will be getting a new phone for Christmas!
9 comments:
I am actually very impressed that you were able to track down the phone and get it back!
I've never left a home phone on a car but Ryan left my cell phone on the top of his. The department of transportation called me to pick it up a few days later. I then drove to Sam's to get a new phone, the old one didn't look so good.
Thats funny! never left a phone on the car, just lots of sweaters and drinks. We did successfully have a full soda make it from lehi to S.F on the top of our car, never even lost an ounce of it!
I once put my moms scissors on the tailgate of jesses truck and forgot about them, luckily he found them and they were not lost!(they did ride around provo!)
Your florida picutes were so fun to see! Disney vacations are so magical with kids! Thanks for sharing the memories.
One day we were unloading from a Orem shopping trip. Ryan took his newly strung tennis racket, the keys to our family car (with the one and only keyless entry), his cell phone and wallet on the trunk of our other car. A little while later I left to go to the grocery store. As I turned left onto Hwy 6 I noticed a bunch of stuff crashing onto the road. I looked around to see who was throwing trash out their window. Only to find that I was the only car going that direction. I then remembered...
So I parked on the side of the road and at 8 months pregnant started dodging cars so I could pick it all up.... Somethings were lucky - some not so much. :)
ha ha, that's funny! I got the package from you guys!!! thanks so much! The books are darling. we can't wait till we can read to Millie- well, really we can wait b/c she is such a cutie right now and we'll be sad when she grows up, but you get the picture. Also, we're blessing her on the 20th at my parents house in provo. You guys are welcome to come. If you can make it email me for the details.
Monte, you're famous! Seth and I saw you on the news last night with the mayor! ;)
When I came to your blog, it was so sad (and funny) so see that phone again. I still feel a little bad about it. I'm just glad I was able to find it for you!! I guess we can look back now and laugh about it!!
I've done that too! We never found our phone though (not that it would have survived). I lost the phone on the back of the van on a day that I needed to make a bunch of phone calls (that I had procrastinated making) for church. I was so annoyed that I had to go buy a new phone before I could get it done! It was a bad day.
Post a Comment