Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Olympic Trials - Josh McAdams



One exciting highlight over the weekend was with the Olympic Trials and Monte's assistant coach, Whitney. Whitney's husband ran the steeplechase in the Olympic Trials. He needed to place top three to make it to the Olympics. He did it!!! We were all on the edge of our seats as we watched him race cheering loud, as if that would make a difference. We have gotten to know Whitney and Josh really well and are really excited for Josh.

"Who da thought? 3 years ago I never imagined I'd be running for a spot on the US Olympic Team. On Saturday a dream came true. This last year has seemed like forever telling people, "I'm just working part time and training for the Olympics." Well I feel justified now after putting off optometry school for a year. I'm Bound for Beijing and it feels awesome!" Quote from Josh McAdams


In case you want to read a little about what the Deseret Newspaper had to say about him after his race here are some links:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700240958,00.html

http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,680193703,00.html

1 comment:

MKG said...

We've seen quite a few of the qualification races - maybe we saw Josh and didn't know who he was. We'll be watching for him in August! Awesome! Love, MKG