Monday, May 25, 2009
Goblin Valley
We decided to take a day trip down to Goblin Valley for Memorial Day. Goblin Valley has got to be one of our favorite places to go. This time it was especially fun because the kids were old enough to hike and climb on their own. I wish we had worn our GPS watch to calcualte how many miles we hiked. We played hide-and-go-seek and sardines for quite a while. We then explored the different valleys as we have never done that before. The weather was perfect. Not too hot and sunny. At one point a small rain storm came in. We found a little cave to rest in while the storm passed. There were many puddles after the storm came thorugh that I knew Camryn would not be able to resist. Knowing be brought pajamas in the car to change into I decided just to let Camryn have fun in the puddles. The first big puddle we saw I watched her eye the puddle and try to decided it she should jump in it. I knew she would end up there. It was fun to watch her splash in the puddles. I don't think you are ever too old to enjoy splashing in puddles. The rain also created mud. I still love playing in the mud. I think the kids both thought I was crazy for starting a mud fight, but they loved it. We all ended up quite dirty, but thanks to the wet wipes I had in the car we were able to clean up enough to change clothes and head home. What a great time we had together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment