Friday, May 15, 2009

Telling my parents our news!

While Monte was at his conference on Friday, my mom and sister met me at the Park City Outlet Mall to do a little shopping. I have had this idea in my mind for nearly four years now and was so excited to be able to actually carry the plan out. Here is how the plan went:
Our first stop was the Osh Kosh store. Which we spent way too much time and money in. Right next to Osh Kosh is Motherhood Maternity. My sister and I walked out of Osh Kosh first and we waited for my mom outside Motherhood Maternity. I had told my sister of this plan years ago and didn't know when she would pick up on what was happening. As we stopped outside Motherhood Maternity she jokingly asked why we stopped there and if I needed to go in. I told her yes I did. I don't think that she believed me. She then realized that I was serious and had to walk away as my mom joined us. My mom asked where we were going next and I told her, "right here." It took her just a minute to figure out what I was saying. Let's just say we made quite the scene outside the Motherhood Maternity store with all three of us crying, laughing, and screaming. It worked out better than I had hoped it would.
I also had fun telling my dad that night as we went back to my parents house. When we go shopping he likes, or pretends to like, to see what we bought. I showed him first what I got for the kids and then showed him what I got for myself at the Motherhood Maternity store. As I was showing him the clothes I am sure he was thinking that they didn't look the most fashionable for someone not pregnant. Then I told him what store I got them at. I will never forget his reaction. He was stunned. He got emotional and just sat there. He finally gave me a big hug. It was so fun to be able to tell them our great news!

1 comment:

Kelly M said...

Talk about blogfest! Thank you for the great reading material. I really loved reading how you told your families the great news. I got emotional reading it!