Saturday, May 16, 2009

Ogden Marathon

Monte and I decided a few months ago to run the Ogden Marathon. We decided this after hearing that my brother (Toby), sister (Tina) and her husband (Kurt), and our friend (April) were all going to run it. I also had three cousins that ran it. I never thought that would do another marathon but I got the bug and decided to give it a try. I didn't get to run it because of two reasons, my knee has been giving me problems and I am pregnant. The rest of them all ran the marathon though. It was hard for me to be watching and cheering instead of running. I took the kids and we were able to see them all at three different spots along the race course. I had posters that we held up at each spot. My favorite was one written by April's sister and friend that said, "Remember this was your idea!" That brought a lot of laughs to the runners as they read it. I think Monte learned, again, that training really does help when running that far. Let's just say he didn't finish looking like he had been training. I was very proud of all of them all! Next time I want to join them.

Bryce and Camryn also ran in a race. They both ran the 1 mile race. At the starting line they had a fire truck that was spraying water from the top of a ladder. It was a really fun atmosphere for the kids. Camryn was pretty nervous and kept making sure I was going to run with her. Bryce is turning into a good runner. Camryn had a side ache the whole race so she didn't enjoy it quite as much. I was very proud of both of them and they did a great job.

No comments: