Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bryce had a great time making his Valentine's Box for school. He had the theme of "I Love Reading." He made he and his dad sitting on his bed reading a story. All along the sides of the box he had pictures of some of his favorite books. He also put this poem by Jane Yolen on:

Read to me riddles and read to my rhymes
Read to me stories of magical times
Read to me tales about castles and kings
Read to me stories of fabulous things
Read to me pirates and read to me knights
Read to me dragons and dragon-book fights
Read to me spaceships and cowboys and then
When you are finished - please read them again.

Friday I was able to go to Bryce's class and help with the Valentine's Day party. After passing out the Valentine's that the kids brought for each other we frosted cookies, played Bingo, and at Bryce's request, play Heads up Seven Up. That night Monte and I went out. We traded with the Monroes so that we could both go out that weekend and neither have to pay for a babysitter. We went out to eat and then went to a Timpview basketball game. Then we came home and got the kids, who were asleep. We then watched a movie.

Saturday Monte and I slept in a little and woke up to a decorated bedroom door. Bryce and Camryn had spent the morning making hearts and arrows for our door. What great kids! I made berry scones for breakfast and then we did some cleaning. That afternoon Melissa and Cameron came over so Brook and Emily could go out. They played in the basement and then we had our Valentine's Dinner. I made pizza with the dough being pink. We had strawberries and red Kool-Aid. For dessert I made either chocolate or strawberry shakes.

We also made special Valentine's Day treats for our great neighbors. Bryce and Camryn had a lot of fun dropping off the treats and running. Monte and I stood on the porch and watched them and just laughed at some of the places they hid or some of the things they did. We had a great weekend together!

1 comment:

Britt said...

What a fun mom you are. I wish that I was one of those neighbors that you brought stuff too. :)