Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dishes


My kids have been helping with dishes for quite a while now. But, I their job is to empty the dishwasher, sometimes help set the table or clear the table. I decided that they were both old enough to start doing more. I used Photoshop to create a cute wheel type chart for helping with dishes. We each have one of four assignments each night: set table, clear table, wash dishes, load dishes. I love watching my kids wash and load the dishes. Bryce acts like it is the most awful thing to get your hands wet or to get food on them while rinsing off the dishes. He will pick up a dish and hold it with just his finger and thumb and hold it out away from him. Camryn is just the opposite. She just jumps right in and doesn't care what might get wet or dirty, including the counter and floor. We really have enjoyed doing the dishes together as a family. We seem to linger just a little longer at the dinner table and take more time to visit.

No comments: