
There is a story, maybe it's just folklore, of an father who took his wife and two young children up the canyon one Saturday in June for a refreshing get-away. He let his kids throw their bikes in the back of the truck, and even took his wife's bike and trailer in case the kids wanted to go for a ride. After a fun day of picnicking, bike riding and more, the family decided to explore the higher portion of the canyon. To their surprise, they ran into a sign warning them of road closure due to snow ahead. "Surely the snow in June can't be deep enough to stop my 4-wheel drive truck," thought the father to himself as he ignored the sign and drove on. A few miles later, the family found themselves severely stuck in deep, heavy snow left over from some unusually late winter storms. Not able to get cell phone reception, the couple decided that their only choice was to bike down the mountain to the nearest place where they could make a phone call for help. So the father loaded the kids in the bike trailer, and the mother climbed onto her 6-year old's bike. Legend has it the wife is still saddle soar to this day!
2 comments:
Jill,
I love that story!! I thought Monte's talk on Sunday was perfect. We started laughing when he started his talk.
Em
Where's the picture of you on the bike? I'm dying to see it. I love your blog. I'm so glad you finally started it.
Post a Comment