A couple of days a week Camryn's little friend comes over after kindergarten to play while her mom is at work. It is really nice to have someone for Camryn to play with. Today my friend Emily came over for lunch. I had already fed the two girls lunch and sent them to play in Camryn's room. I should have known better than to leave them alone for very long. They came out of her room with her white teddy bear all covered in makeup. I took the bear and threw all of Camrny's makeup and lotion away. You would have thought I learned not to leave them alone. But no, I got visiting again and left them alone too long. The next time I checked on them they had taken scissors and cut three of her doll's hair. At least is wasn't their own hair. So I made them both sit in time out as I went to assess the damage. The more I looked the more I found. I found crayons glued to books and doll clothes glued to dolls! What a fun mess to clean up. I made Camryn clean it all up and it took her over an hour. I got these pictures as Camryn was out of her room. It is one of those days that you just can't think that nothing else can go wrong. I hope I make it through today!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Little Girls Left Alone Too Long
A couple of days a week Camryn's little friend comes over after kindergarten to play while her mom is at work. It is really nice to have someone for Camryn to play with. Today my friend Emily came over for lunch. I had already fed the two girls lunch and sent them to play in Camryn's room. I should have known better than to leave them alone for very long. They came out of her room with her white teddy bear all covered in makeup. I took the bear and threw all of Camrny's makeup and lotion away. You would have thought I learned not to leave them alone. But no, I got visiting again and left them alone too long. The next time I checked on them they had taken scissors and cut three of her doll's hair. At least is wasn't their own hair. So I made them both sit in time out as I went to assess the damage. The more I looked the more I found. I found crayons glued to books and doll clothes glued to dolls! What a fun mess to clean up. I made Camryn clean it all up and it took her over an hour. I got these pictures as Camryn was out of her room. It is one of those days that you just can't think that nothing else can go wrong. I hope I make it through today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sorry but I just had to laugh. Those are the times that suck when it's happening, but become so funny when you look back. Good thing you took pictures so you have something to remind you of the chaos. Hope you feel better.
I had to laugh, too...and then I realized...I've got a trouble maker brewing in my belly, and because you always get one worse than you were (I was an angel, Seth on the other hand...) I'm terrified what our little jellybean is going to do when she's old enough to! :) (I'll be coming to you for advice!)
I'm sorry, but with every blog I'm loving Camryn even more! She has a creative mind, you've got to give that to her. :-)
It sounds like it was a rough day. But the Gregersons are right, you'll be happy that you have pictures of this to show her when SHE has kids.
Post a Comment